Pack 1714 sells popcorn in order to raise money. Why do we sell popcorn? We do it for several reasons.
- Develop personal confidence
- Learn salesmanship and communication skills
- Participate as a team to achieve goals
The benefit for our Pack:
- Subsidize our Pack events – like Space Camp
- Fund Pack meetings
- Purchase new camping equipment
- Supports our Atlanta Area Council
Let’s get Started! To participate in selling, every Scout needs to set up a Trails-End popcorn account. To create a Trail’s End Account, register at https://www.trails-end.com/Scouts or download the mobile App via the App Store or Text APP to 62771 to get a link to download. Use these details when establishing your account:
- Council: Atlanta Area Council
- District: Foothills
- Unit: Pack 1714
Our annual goal is for each Scout to sell $500 in popcorn. Why $500? At that level, the Scouts will get to participate in our annual Pie In The Face Pack Meeting, throwing a pie at leaders at our December Pack meeting. Sales rewards include an escalating credit of 10% of sales against future dues up to $200 as well as cash in the form of Amazon.com gift cards. Each sale counts towards more rewards!
We sell through 3 methods:
Show and Sell: We’ve made arrangements with several local businesses in our area who have kindly allowed us to sell in front of their stores. We’ll email out the Sign-up Genius separately to allow each Scout to select a storefront appointment. Each time slot includes up to 2 Scouts for 2 hours in front of the storefronts who have graciously offered to lend their support to Scouting. We typically average $200 in sales per Scout per timeslot.
Online Sales: While setting up a www.trails-end.com account, you can personalize a shop with a photo and a sales pitch. It takes less than 10 minutes! Have your Scout put on their Field Uniform (A) and make a 30 second video selling to you as you answer your front door. Post the video to your social media account with a link to the Scouts personal trails-end.com shop. You can also send a link to Grandma in Wabasha, MN, and Cousin Eddie in Coolidge, KS. There are many more products online such as coffee, jerky, and peanuts. Free shipping is available for most orders.
Take Order/Wagon Sales: This is the traditional door to door method to sell popcorn. Download the Trails-End App and use the Scouts account to enter orders in real time. You will be able to accept Credit Cards via the App as well as collect cash and checks. Door to Door sales typically earn ~$150/hr. Please collect all of your money up front. Credit card payment is the preferred method of payment. Checks can be made out to either “Cub Scout Pack 1714” or to the Scout parent if you wish to consolidate. Order/Pickup dates:
- Wednesday, Oct 5th Popcorn Wagon/Take orders and money due
- Sunday, Oct 23 Popcorn distribution day
Awards for 2022:
- Amazon Gift Card Awards are given for different levels of sales starting with 500 points and escalating every 250 points after. Log into the Trails-End site to review the awards levels and points assignment. Points are accumulated at 1.25 pt. per dollar for credit cards. 1 pt. per dollar for cash/check and all online sales.
- Earn Pack Credit for future dues, 10% of sales for each scout will be applied as a credit up to $200
- Oversized Plush Hoodie for every Scout who reaches $750 in sales
- Become a VIP! Top Seller prizes are awarded for those who sell over $1200!
Let’s have a great year of Scouting and have fun selling! If you have any questions, please contact our Fundraising Chair, Jason Shockley. (If you don’t have Jason’s email, just ask your Den Leader or any Pack Leader or you can find it on ScoutBook. We prefer not to post personal email addresses on our website)